Recognizing area homeschooling families have a variety of curriculum needs, including faith-based education, Marshall District Library provides links to local and general resources.These listings are for information purposes only. Always use due diligence when choosing resources, and please verify location and time with the organizer if applicable.
- Home Educators Resource Directory – A directory for information, supplies, services and support for the homeschool community. Organized by local, national, global resources, local events calendars, special offers, newsletters, educational articles and homeschool support groups.
- Homeschool Buyers Co-Op – Offers a variety of lesson plans on a range of subjects, including art & music, foreign languages, history & geography, language arts, math, and science & technology.
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association – A nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the right of parents to direct the education of their children.
- Homeschool Math – A comprehensive math resource site for homeschooling parents, parents, and teachers that includes free math worksheets, lessons, online math games lists, ebooks, a curriculum guide, reviews, and more. The resources emphasize understanding of concepts instead of mechanical memorization of rules.
- The Homeschool Mom – This site provides encouragement, advice, resources, curriculum reviews, organization tools, and more.
- Homeschool World – The official website of Practical Homeschooling Magazine.
- Local Homeschool – A searchable database of homeschool support groups, tutors, instructors, and more, searchable by location.
- Michigan College & Career Ready Portal – Designed to connect educators with the resources and tools that can assist in helping students graduate career & college-ready.
- Michigan Department of Education – Homeschooling Information – The State of Michigan’s official page on homeschooling.
- What You Need to Know About: Homeschooling – About.com’s list of homeschooling articles and links.
- Gull Lake Homeschool Partnership – Gull Lake Partnership is a collaboration between parents, Gull Lake School District and the community. The Partnership offers unique elective classes for students, grades K-12.
- Homeschool Performing Arts – Homeschool Performing Art’s purpose is establishing a community of homeschool families in which students and parents work together to produce music, drama, and musical theatre productions with a faith-based approach.
- Kalamazoo Area Tutors – KAT – Qualified, experienced, Christian tutors provide a wide variety of academic classes including English language arts, art, drama, music, foreign languages, math, sciences, and history classes.
- Kalamazoo Cougars Homeschool Sports – Kalamazoo Home School Sports (KHSS) goal is to provide Kalamazoo area home schoolers an athletics association with a structure for accountability, direction and communication so the athletic program for home school can grow and thrive in a balanced positive way.
Local Homeschool Group Contacts:
- Battle Creek Young Homeschoolers
- Families Learning and Schooling at Home – FLASH
- Kalamazoo Homeschool Connection – KazooHC
Contact: Ella Grapp, (718)569-8349
Contact: Erin Crane, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Michelle Curtis, (269)998-4926