Jump to: General Resources | Local Resources
Recognizing area homeschooling families have a variety of curriculum needs, including faith-based education, Marshall District Library provides links to local and general resources. These listings are for information purposes only. Always use due diligence when choosing resources, and please verify location and time with the organizer if applicable.
- Home Educators Resource Directory – A directory for information, supplies, services and support for the homeschool community. Organized by local, national, global resources, local events calendars, special offers, newsletters, educational articles and homeschool support groups.
- Homeschool Buyers Club – Offers a variety of lesson plans on a range of subjects, including art & music, foreign languages, history & geography, language arts, math, and science & technology.
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association – A nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the right of parents to direct the education of their children.
- Homeschool Math – A comprehensive math resource site for homeschooling parents, parents, and teachers that includes free math worksheets, lessons, online math games lists, ebooks, a curriculum guide, reviews, and more. The resources emphasize understanding of concepts instead of mechanical memorization of rules.
- The Homeschool Mom – This site provides encouragement, advice, resources, curriculum reviews, organization tools, and more.
- Homeschool World – The official website of Practical Homeschooling Magazine.
- Local Homeschool – A searchable database of homeschool support groups, tutors, instructors, and more, searchable by location.
- Michigan College & Career Ready Portal – Designed by the Michigan Department of Education to connect educators with the resources & tools that can assist in helping students graduate career & college-ready.
- Michigan Department of Education – Homeschooling Information – The State of Michigan’s official page on homeschooling.
- What You Need to Know About: Homeschooling – Thoughtco.com’s list of homeschooling articles and links.
- Classically Homeschooling – How to Easily Start Homeschooling Today – Tips and tricks to start homeschooling for various common subject matters, along with helpful hints from experienced homeschool parents.
- Frugal Homeschooling Mom – Free Middle School Homeschooling Resources – An extensive list of free printables and resources specifically aimed at Middle School learners who may be tired of the same old thing.
- Homeschool Super Freak – An ultimate guide to getting started or revamping any homeschool routine, full of collections geared towards polishing and pampering your homeschool experience to get the most out of it for your learners.
- Free Homeschooling with YouTube – A list of 20 recommended YouTube channels for the modern homeschooler, covering a wide range of subjects that will surely enhance any chosen curriculum for grade school through high school.
- Rock Your Homeschool – Free Organization and Checklist Resources – Step up your organization with this list of free resources and checklists to ensure your homeschool experiences and lesson plans move smoothly for you and your learners.
- Gull Lake Homeschool Partnership – Gull Lake Partnership is a collaboration between parents, Gull Lake School District and the community. The Partnership offers unique elective classes for students, grades K-12.
- Homeschool Performing Arts – Homeschool Performing Art’s purpose is establishing a community of homeschool families in which students and parents work together to produce music, drama, and musical theatre productions with a faith-based approach.
- Kalamazoo Area Tutors – KAT – Qualified, experienced, Christian tutors provide a wide variety of academic classes including English language arts, art, drama, music, foreign languages, math, sciences, and history classes.
- Kalamazoo Cougars Homeschool Sports – Kalamazoo Home School Sports (KHSS) goal is to provide Kalamazoo area home schoolers an athletics association with a structure for accountability, direction and communication so the athletic program for home school can grow and thrive in a balanced positive way.
- HomeSchool Mom – Michigan Homeschool Organizations & Support Groups – Connect with fellow homeschoolers specifically from Michigan with a list of groups across the state as well as information on staying legal within state parameters.
- Time4Learning – Homeschooling in Michigan – Collected information on getting started with homeschooling in the state of Michigan, as well as listed groups and co-ops to stay connected with fellow homeschoolers.
- Battle Creek HEART – Home Educators Are Resourceful Teachers
- Battle Creek/Marshall Homeschoolers Contact: Ella Grapp (718) 569-8349
- Battle Creek Secular Homeschoolers Contact: Ella Grapp (718) 569-8349
- Marshall Homeschool Group Contact: Sarah Voltattorni (269) 832-2408