Marshall District Library provides free access to the Internet through a public Wi-Fi connection.
What equipment do I need?
- A laptop computer or other mobile device with a wireless network interface card (NIC).
- A charged battery. Some electrical outlets are available, but the library cannot guarantee availability.
- Compatible headphones if you plan to work with audio files.
Can I print from Wi-Fi?
Yes. If you are a frequent visitor and would like to set up printing wirelessly from your device(s), please make an appointment with our technology team.
Is the library’s Wi-Fi network secure?
The library’s Wi-Fi network is not secure. Information sent to or from your laptop can be captured by anyone with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connecting to the library’s network.
- Library staff may not always be able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- Library users must abide by the Marshall District Library’s Internet Use Policy.