All technology help is currently offered virtually for the health & safety of both patrons and staff.
Do you need help with a new technology device or software? Stop in during our drop-in hours:
Drop-in Tech Hours
Or, contact us to set up a 1 hour appointment:
Technology Services269-781-7821 ext.27
Head of Information Technology
Training sessions occur under the following guidelines:
- Drop-in sessions are limited to 30 minutes. No appointment is necessary and sessions are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Outside of drop-in hours, we require that patrons call or stop in to arrange a time to meet with a technology staff member.
- Scheduled training sessions are limited to 1 hour per day.
- Patrons may choose to have up to 2 sessions per month.
- Technology staff members offer training in a variety of areas including basic computer skills, Microsoft Office software, eReader devices, smartphones, and tablets.
- While technology staff can assist with the technical aspects of a project, they cannot assist with content creation. For example, they will not create a resume or make online purchases, though they may assist someone with how to navigate websites and office productivity software.
- The Library is not responsible for any damages or malfunctions of personal laptops or other devices used in the library area. Staff members will not make adjustments or repairs to personal computing devices.
MDL offers instructional presentations covering a range of technology topics. Check the calendar for upcoming technology events. You can also view media from previous presentations in our Tech Program Archive.
Past classes include:
- Savvy Streaming: Affordable Cable Alternatives
- Smart Home & Smarter Shopping
- Staying Safe Online
- Computer Cleanup & Maintenance
- Facebook Basics
- Get the Most Out of Your Google Account
- Computer Basics
- Laptop vs. Tablet: “What Should I Buy?”
If you have a suggestion for a technology presentation, please send a message to Technology Services via our contact form.