In order to promote access to online resources, the Marshall District Library offers Mobile Wi‐Fi Hotspots as a part of its circulating collection. A Mobile Hotspot is a device that can be used almost anywhere to create a wireless network so patrons can connect to the Internet via any Wi-Fi-enabled mobile device, laptop, printer, digital camera or gaming device. Each hotspot can accommodate up to 10 devices. Service is only available within the continental United States. If you use the device outside of the service area, you will be billed for all roaming charges and any other associated fees.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I check out a Hotspot?
What checks out with the Hotspot?
- Case containing:
- Mobile Hotspot Unit (with battery and SIM card already installed)
- Power Adapter
- Power Cord
- Instructions, Copy of the Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Policy, Copy of Internet Use Policy
You will receive a bag with the following items:
Can I get help setting it up?
Where do I return the Hotspot?
What happens if the Hotspot is overdue, lost or damaged?
- You are responsible for applicable costs if the device and/or its peripherals are lost or damaged.
- The mobile hotspot should be kept in a temperature-controlled environment. DO NOT leave it in your car
- The overdue fine is $5.00 per day until returned.
- Mobile Hotspots must be returned to the front desk. You will be charged $5.00 for returning the Hotspot in a book drop. If damage occurs to the mobile hotspot while in the book drop, you will be charged the replacement cost.
What are the Mobile Hotspot replacement costs?
- Mobile Hotspot Unit: $85.00
- SIM Card: $20.00
- Battery: $15.00
- Power Adapter: $15.00
- Case: $6.00
- Power Cord: $10.00
- Bag: $2.00
- Overdue fine: $5.00 per day
- Returning hotspots in book drop: $5.00