At this time, the library expects to have paper forms available by mid-February. Once available, you’ll be able to pick them up in the library lobby.
The IRS and State of Michigan will begin processing individual income tax returns on Monday, January 29, 2018. The deadline to file and pay your taxes is Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
- A limited number of paper copies of the most popular tax forms and instructions will be available to the public for free as soon as we receive them; at this time we expect to have them by mid-February.
- All Federal and Michigan forms will be available online.
- Normal printing and copying fees will apply to all tax forms printed from the Internet or photocopied in the library.
- 1099 forms must be obtained from the IRS directly by calling 1-800-829-3676 or from an office supply store such as Staples or Office Max.
- Links for tax forms:
Library staff can assist you in finding and printing tax forms, but we cannot offer tax advice or opinions, or help you e-file.
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify.
- Federal – live telephone assistance: 1-800-829-1040
- Michigan: 517-636-4486
- Albion: 517-629-5535
- Battle Creek: 269-966-3345
Tax Preparation Agencies in Marshall
- Drake Business Services Inc.; 201 Exchange St.; 269-781-5404
- H&R Block; 217 E. Michigan Ave; 269-781-4374
- Mack Accounting LLC; 422 E. Michigan Ave; 269-781-2206
- Yippee Tax, Inc; 105 W. Michigan Avenue; 1-877-947-7438